Saturday, February 11, 2012

Creative art with items in the house

IMAG0275.jpg

My daughter came back with homework, to create a winter scene using any type of media. I wanted to do something a little different, something I have not really done much of. I suddenly found inspiration with a wooden box that I saw no use for other than gathering dust.

The inspiration behind this little treasure was sparkles, and what girl does not like shiny, glittery, sparkles? White paint was used to create a snow affect on the already lilac background. Then silver glitter was added. With Polymer products a snowman and a sun was created, baked and left to cool before gluing. The houses, trees, heart and ponies are cuttings from magazines. After it was glued, another dusting of sparkles was added.

My daughters teacher loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment