Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to school - already?

I must confess, even though I am looking forward to the kids going back to school, deep down I am sad. I love having them around; playing, painting, squabbling but I would not have it any other way. However, they need to go back to school, they are missing being with their friends and I am missing having a tidy house. As not to miss out on the remaining precious moments I have plans to keep them entertained.

Today we went to the local fair; arts and crafts, food tasting, children's entertainment, to name but a few activities. It is so lovely to see such talent, to be part of the community and have these wonderful town events. Afterwards we went for lunch, this was a little stressful, the kids were very hungry, I was tired after having a very early start and to top it off one of my kids had a very loud tantrum and proceeded to knock her un-drunk beverage all over my jeans - sigh! We left shortly after we ate.

Should the weather remain dry we intend to venture to the park during the week with a picnic basket and Frisbee in hand and meet up with parents from my daughter's school.

If we have a rainy day it will be time for creating indoors; painting, sketching, collages and maybe go as far as creating an exploding volcano.

So whatever you are doing make it fun because you won't get this time back.

How do you intend to spend you last days with your little ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment